1 cup of wrist temperature water
1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
1 Tbs honey or sugar
21/2 -3 cups of flour
- Place water in a med sized bowl.Sprinkle in the yeast, and stir in the honey or sugar until everything dissolves
- Use a whisk to stir in the salt and flour. When it gets too thick to whisk mix with one floured hand. Knead in the bowl for about 5 mins.
- Brush a little olive oil over the dough, cover the bowl (with your fabric bowl cover), and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk (about 1 hour). In the meantime, you can get your toppings ready!
- Preheat the oven to 450 deg F, Oil a baking tray
- Punch down the risen dough and form your pizza base
- Put your toppings on and bake for about 15-20 mins, or until the pizza is loose from the tray and the edges are golden brown.
Brush a little olive oil on the dough and let rise.
Cover with Fabric Bowl Cover
After Dough Has Risen, Punch Down and Bake Your Pizza!
Recipe by Mollie Katzen from the Moosewood Cookbook